Translate

Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

red work is finished, well the embroidery part!

Last night I completed the embroidery on the red work crib quilt. My Mom wants to put it together and I'm happy to turn it over to her capable hands! There are 22 different stitches in it. It was almost like a sampler for me, only I'm not going to keep it...

It is said that the Amish, when making a quilt will purposely mess up if the quilt has no mistakes in it because only God is perfect. I've not had that problem... there are many mistakes in this embroidery!   I'm not perfect and I enjoyed making it. 

...yep probably shouldn't have used a blanket stitch for the bunny's ears...

...loved satin stitching the ball...

...it's funny how I remember what was gong on as I stitched, Husband and I were watching a PBS program about the history of whaling in America as I stitched this one. I gave the cat on the right curly hair!...


...so here is where the biggest "oops" is most evident - unless you see these up close. Half way through this project I ran out of the red I was using. It was from an economy bag of 6 stranded cotton floss. I forgot to take some of the floss to A.C.Moore (the craft store that I use) so of course I chose a red that was much darker than the red I started with. I'm planning to tea dye the entire quilt when it's finished to help mellow them both out. The first red is bright with yellow/orange undertones. The second is darker with blue undertones. Such is life...

I don't yet know who will end up with the quilt. But I prayed for the receiver a lot while I stitched. Here are the rest of the panels they are pretty self explanatory. I hope you enjoy looking at them.





My next project is a pre-printed set of pillowcases with a matching dresser scarf. I thought the colors were bland. After all the red I'm ready for some pastels. I'm going out on a limb with this one, it will be fantasy colored. After all they are pillow cases, they should be dreamy! Have a great safe weekend. Walk with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!